Welcome to the Growing in Faith Together program of catechesis, faith formation and catechetical instruction for youth in grades 1-8. The GIFT of Religious Education at Notre Dame parish!
The GIFT approach to catechesis helps children grow in wisdom and grace in community with their peers, family, and parish. Children begin to internalize the gospel message and develop a relationship with God through Jesus Christ while opening their hearts and minds to the gifts of the Holy Spirit. The program offers faith experiences in Prayer & Liturgy, Scripture, Catholic Traditions, and Catholic Social Teaching – as individuals, as families, and as learners on a faith journey.
The curriculum follows five overarching themes of God, Jesus, the Church, the Sacraments, and Morality.
- Grade 1
- God is our Creator and loves us as our Father.
- Grade 2
- We prepare for the Sacraments of Penance and Eucharist.
- Grade 3
- God calls us to live in community as members of the Church.
- Grade 4
- God calls us to lead a moral life.
- Grade 5
- Through the Sacraments we live more fully in the Holy Spirit.
- Grade 6
- We explore the history of salvation through the Old Testament.
- Grade 7
- We explore the life and ministry of Jesus through the New Testament.
- Grade 8
- Our actions and attitudes reflect Catholic morality and spirituality.
The Religious Education program, Growing In Faith Together (GIFT), recognizes that parents are the first and foremost teachers of their children in faith and morals. In partnership with parents, and within the faith community of Notre Dame, the Religious Education program provides a supportive and enriching environment for the spiritual formation of parish children. The Religious Education program strives to create a developmental understanding of Catholic Church teachings and traditions while preparing children for a sacramental way of life. Our fourfold mission:
- to teach the gospel message
- to build a faith community
- to lead others to prayer and worship
- to respond in Christian service
We are here to serve you and your family!
If you would like to enroll your child(ren) in the GIFT program then please fill out and submit the registration form.
You can find information and quality resources on Catholic faith formation for all ages at Finding God.